I received my medical degree and doctorate in Neuroscience from the Mount Sinai school of medicine, where I studied synaptic plasticity in an in vivo model of learning and memory and graduated AOA. During this time I also explored mindfulness practices and began a regular yoga practice. I completed my medical internship and psychiatric residency at Presbyterian Hospital/ New York State Psychiatric Institute and proceeded to serve as assistant director of psychiatry at the Allen Hospital of New York Presbyterian. Currently I am an assistant professor of psychiatry at Columbia University, where I teach and supervise residents in psychodynamic psychotherapy. I also completed post-graduate training at Columbia’s Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research and am now on the faculty at the Pychoanalytic Center teaching psychoanalytic candidates on topics ranging from gender and sexuality, neuroscience, and psychoanalytic process.
- Moga DE, Janssen WG, Vissavajjhala P, Czelusniak SM, Moran TM, Hof PR, Morrison JH: Glutamate receptor subunit 3 (GluR3) immunoreactivity delineates a subpopulation of parvalbumin-containing interneurons in the rat hippocampus. Journal of Comparative Neurology 2003; 462(1):15-28.
- Moga DE, Calhoun ME, Chowdhury A, Worley P, Morrison JH, Shapiro ML: Activity-regulated cytoskeletal-associated protein is localized to recently activated excitatory synapses 2004; Neuroscience 125(1):7-11.
- Moga DE, ML Shapiro, JH Morrison: Bidirectional redistribution of AMPA but not NMDA receptors after perforant path simulation in the adult rat hippocampus in vivo. Hippocampus 2006; 16:990-1003.
- Moga DE and Cabaniss DL: Learning objectives for supervision: benefits for candidates and beyond. Psychoanalytic Inquiry 2014; 34(6): 528-537.
- Cabaniss DL, Arbuckle MR, Moga DE: Using Learning Objectives for Psychotherapy Supervision. American Journal of Psychotherapy 2014; 68(2) 163-176.
- Cabaniss DL, Moga DE and Oquendo MA: Rethinking the Biopsychosocial Formulation. The Lancet Psychiatry 2015; 2(7): 579–581.
- Cabaniss DL, Moga DE and Hyun A: The Psychodynamic Treatment of Mood Disorders in Clinical Handbook for the Management of Mood Disorders, Mann JJ, McGrath PS and Roose SP, Cambridge Press 2013, pp 289-299.
- Cabaniss DL, Cherry S, Graver RL, Schwartz AR, Moga DE, The Psychodynamic Model of the Mind, in Psychiatry, Fourth Edition. Edited by Allan Tasman, Jerald Kay, Jeffrey A. Lieberman, Michael B. First, and Michelle B. Riba. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. 2014, Chapter 28, pp 463-477.
- Moga DE: So What is Gender Anyway? And Who’s Having Sex with Whom. Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association 2018; 66 (3): 527-543.
- Moga DE, Cabaniss DL, Marcus ER, Walsh BT, Kahn DA: Religious Delusions in an Evangelical Christian Woman with Anorexia Nervosa, Journal of Psychiatric Practice 2009; 15 (6) : 477-483.